Women's Basketball preview: Southern Utah
Southern Utah (6-2, 0-0 Big Sky) at Northern Colorado (5-3, 0-0 Big Sky)
Thursday, December 19, 2013 • 7:05 pm Mountain • Butler-Hancock Sports Pavilion (2,955)
|Northern Colorado||Southern Utah|
Points: Stephanie Lee, 21.6
Rebounds: Lockridge/Mallon, 6.0
Assists: Jamie Derrieux, 3.1
Points: Lori Parkinson, 10.8
Rebounds: Carli Moreland, 8.0
Assists: Andrea Jones, 4.0
|Northern Colorado Notes||Southern Utah Notes|
Bears Quick Notes
• Senior forward Kim Lockridge posted the team's first double-double of the year with 13 points and 10 rebounds against North Texas.
• The Bears have now won three straight games and four straight inside Butler-Hancock. All three of the losses this season are to teams either ranked or receiving votes in the coaches poll.
• Junior center Stephanie Lee has scored 85 points in the last three games -- it is the most in a three-game stretch in the school's Division I history, bettering a stretch of 78 by D'shara Strange last year.
• This is the second-straight conference game against Southern Utah as the two team's concluded the 2013 conference season against each other.
• Northern Colorado has now won 25 straight games when scoring at least 60 points in a game, including a perfect 4-0 this season.
• Stephanie Lee is up to 26th in the nation in scoring, averaging 21.6 points per game, and she's the top scoring center in the country.
• The Bears are getting assists on 73.6 percent of their baskets this year. The team averages 16.0 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the Big Sky Conference. Nine different players are averaging 1.0 assist per game or better this season.