Gameday preview: Portland State
Bears Quick Notes
• Northern Colorado posted a record of 6-1 in February, tying the 1999-2000 team for the second-best mark in the month. The 1975-76 squa went 7-0.
• Northern Colorado has clinched a berth in the Big Sky Conference Women's Basketball Championship. It is the third time in five years of being eligible the Bears have advanced.
• If Northern Colorado wins Saturday, Sacramento State will be the sixth seed in the Championship. If Portland State wins, the Vikings will gain the final spot.
• Northern Colorado senior Kaisha Brown is just 23 points shy of 1,000 career points. She would become the 17th in school history and the second this year to do so as junior Lauren Oosdyke did it on Feb. 9.
• The Bears' eight road wins this season is one shy of the program's all-time mark of nine set by the 1988-89 team. The 1999-2000 team won 11 games away from Butler-Hancock with seven road and four neutral-site victories.
• Northern Colorado has outrebounded its opposition in 14 of 15 Big Sky games.
• Northern Colorado head coach Jaime White ranks second on the all-time wins list at Northern Colorado with 80. She needs two to tie Janet Schafer (1985-91) for the most wins in school history.
• Northern Colorado is 493-529 all-time in women's basketball history and is 75-74 since becoming postseason eligible for NCAA Division I in 2007-08.