Bears Quick Notes
• The Bears host back-to-back in-state rivals, playing Denver on Wednesday and Colorado State on Friday. Last week, the Pioneers defeated the Rams, 64-61.
• Northern Colorado is riding a four-game winning streak and is 2-0 at home during the 2011-12 season.
• Wednesday marks the 42nd meeting in the series between NC and DU. It is the longest series in school history and the Bears hold a one-game advantage, 21-20. Friday will be the 30th meeting with the Rams, who own a 19-10 lead.
• Junior forward Lauren Oosdyke has led the team in scoring in the last five games and currently ranks fifth in the Big Sky Conference, averaging 15.7 points per game.
• Friday concludes a five game in 11 day stretch for the Bears. Thus far, the team is 3-0.
• Both juniors Lauren Oosdyke and Victoria Timm recorded the 100th career assist and steal of their careers in games over the weekend. Oosdyke has 100 assists and 102 steals, while Timm sits at 104 assists and 100 steals.
• Northern Colorado was picked to finish second in the Big Sky standings by the media and third by the coaches in the preseason polls.
• Northern Colorado is 476-521 all-time in women's basketball history and is 58-66 since becoming post-season eligible for Division I in 2007-08.