November 17, 2013
Sunday's look back at football
Post-Game Notes: Northern Colorado at #12 Northern Arizona | November 16, 2013
- Senior quarterback Seth Lobato has passed for at least one touchdown in six straight games and in eight of the nine in which he's played this season. The only game he didn't throw one was at Wyoming.
- Redshirt freshman Tyler Bloyer forced the first fumble of his career, while senior punter Tanner Ellingsen recovered the first fumble of his career.
- Junior wideout Dimitri Stimphil topped the 100-yard receiving mark for the fourth time this season with three catches for 106 yards.
- Dimitri Stimphil now has 948 receiving yards on the season, needing just 52 to become only the second 1,000-yard receiver for the Bears since joining the Division I ranks (1,171 – Patrick Walker, 2011)
- With four catches for 31 yards, senior running back Tromaine Dennis broke the Northern Colorado career Division I record for receiving yards by a running back. Dennis now has 472 yards, bettering the previous mark of 462 by Patrick Ealy (2006).
- Tromaine Dennis also surpassed the 1,000 all-purpose yard total for the season and now has 1,044 (759 rushing, 285 receiving).
- The 77 yard touchdown reception from Seth Lobato to Dimitri Stimphil is tied for the fifth-longest pass in the Division I era at UNC. It is also the second-longest scoring pass of the season, as the two teamed up for an 80-yard strike earlier this year.
- Tromaine Dennis also broke the school's all-time record for rushing yards by a two-year player as he now has 1,712. John Johnson (1958-59) held the previous record at 1,667 yards.
- Redshirt freshman Sean Rubalcaba had the longest rush by a quarterback since 2011 when he gained 31 yards on the ground. Lobato's career long rush is also 31 yards at Idaho State on Sept. 27, 2011. The longest rush by a quarterback at the Division I level is 66 yards by Bryan Waggener at UC Davis on Oct. 4, 2008.
- There were some statistical changes to the game, so NAU senior running back Zach Bauman only had 124 net rushing yards, 20 yards fewer than originally stated.
- The team tackles also changed quite a bit as senior linebacker Clarence Bumpas had eight and both Taylor Risner and Leilon Willingham had seven, several shy of the double figures originally reported.