Football Preview: at Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado at Northern Arizona
J. Walkup Skydome | Flagstaff, AZ | 4:05 p.m.
Listen: 1310 KFKA
Video Stream: Big Sky TV
Northern Colorado Notes
Northern Arizona Notes
Big Sky Conference Notes
• The game features a pair of brothers on opposite sidelines as Ryan Holmes is a senior defensive end for the Bears, while younger brother Alex is a sophomore wide receiver for the Lumberjacks.
• Northern Colorado blocked a field goal against North Dakota, bringing its season total to six, which ranks sixth in the country and second in the Big Sky Conference behind Portland State with seven.
• Senior linebacker Clarence Bumpas ranks third nationally, regardless of division, and first amongst FCS players in career tackles with 11.36 per game.
• Senior running back Tromaine Dennis needs just 81 yards for 1,000 all-purpose yards this season. Dennis has 665 rushing and 254 receiving yards in 2013.
• Junior wide receiver Dimitri Stimphil became the seventh player (ninth time) at Northern Colorado during the Division I era to top 1,000 all-purpose yards in a season and he now has 1,070 yards.
• Senior quarterback Seth Lobato has now thrown for over 2,000 yards in three consecutive seasons, and has 2,310 yards with two games remaining.
• Senior wide receiver Will Jefferson Jr. had 171 receiving yards last week against North Dakota, the eighth time a receiver has topped 100 yards in a game this season for the Bears and the second time for Jefferson.
• Northern Colorado ranks eighth in the FCS in net punting this season, averaging 38.98 yards per punt, however that number ranks fifth in the Big Sky Conference.
• The Bears are up to 31st in the nation in rushing defense after holding North Dakota to just four yards a week ago. The team is allowing just 134.1 per game, which is also third in the Big Sky.