Football Preview: UC Davis
• October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Northern Colorado football is getting involved in raising awareness as the Bears will paint the logo at midfield pink. The Bears will also give away 5,000 pink T-Shirts at the game on Saturday. Northern Colorado will also be giving away Chomp T-Shirts to the first 500 student fans.
• Northern Colorado ranks 14th in the NCAA Division I FCS statistics (and third in the Big Sky Conference) in passing offense, averaging 306.1 yards per game. The Bears also rank 11th in the country in net punting, averaging 39.03 yards a punt.
• Senior Seth Lobato currently ranks ninth amongst all active FCS quarterbacks averaging 211.8 passing yards per game for his career. He also ranks 12th in total passing yards, 13th in total offense, 12th in passing attempts and 13th in passing completions.
• Senior wide receiver Jace Davis caught five passes on Saturday at Sacramento State bringing his career total to 159 receptions. He currently is tied for second in the Big Sky Conference with 6.5 receptions per game and needs just 20 catches to break the Northern Colorado career record of 178 by Patrick Walker (2008-11).
• Northern Colorado won the first game against UC Davis in the series in 2003, but has dropped the last four.
• Senior LB Clarence Bumpas recorded a season-best 15 tackles in the game, including 12 assisted tackles to give him 151 for his career, which breaks the previous Division I career school record. The previous record for assist tackles was 150 by Cristian Sarmento (2006-08).