October 25, 2012
Football Preview: Game 8 vs Northern Arizona
• The 537 yards of total offense by the Bears against Idaho State is the second-highest total since the team joined the Big Sky in 2006, trailing only the 578 they amassed against Texas State in 2008.
• With his 243 passing yards against Idaho State, junior quarterback Seth Lobato became just the ninth quarterback in Northern Colorado with 4,000 career yards. Lobato now ranks ninth with 4,223.
• Junior wide receiver Jace Davis' 100th career reception was also the 10th receiving touchdown of his career with his first catch last week.
• Northern Arizona (21.1) and Northern Colorado (19.1) are the top two punt return teams, respectively, in the Big Sky Conference. The Lumberjacks have 14 returns for 296 yards, while the Bears have 15 returns for 287 yards.
• Junior running back Tromaine Dennis became the 19th player to rush for more than 100 yards in the Big Sky this season, but just the sixth in Northern Colorado Division I history. His 178 yards also tied for the third-highest total in the league in 2012.
• Three times in seven games, junior kicker Dave Eden has scored 10 points in a game. Last Saturday he made all seven of his PAT's and his only field goal attempt (45 yards). He leads the team in scoring with 44 points.
• Northern Colorado has eight rushing touchdowns through the first seven games of 2012, already surpassing last year's total of five rushing TDs.
• The Bears improved to 2-1 at home this season with the victory over Idaho State. The last time the team won three or more games at home was in 2005 when they went 4-1.