Gameday Preview: Colorado State
|Game 2||Northern Colorado (0-1) at Colorado State (1-0)|
|Date||Saturday, Sept. 10 | Noon (MT)|
|Location||Fort Collins, Colo. | Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium|
|Fan Info||Gameday Information|
|Stadium||Seating Chart | Directions | Stadium Policies|
|Radio||KFKA 1310 (Greeley) | KEPN/ESPN 1600 (Denver)|
|Live Coverage||Live Stats|
|@unc_bears | @uncofootball|
|Game Notes||Northern Colorado | Colorado State | Big Sky Conference|
• Patrick Walker caught five passes in the season opener against Lindenwood, giving him 99 receptions in his career to move him into 9th all-time at Northern Colorado.
• In the season opener against Lindenwood, Northern Colorado did not have any turnovers. It is the first time since Oct. 23, 2010 at Montana State the Bears did not record a turnover and they were the only team in the Big Sky without one.
• The game between Northern Colorado and Colorado State features two head coaches who are alumni of their institutions. Earnest Collins Jr. received his degree from Northern Colorado in 1995, while Steve Fairchild graduated from Colorado State in 1981.
• Since transitioning to FCS football, Northern Colorado is 0-4 against FBS schools, losing to Hawai'i (63-6) in 2007, Purdue (42-10) in 2008, Kansas (49-3) in 2009 and Michigan State (45-7) in 2010.
• Senior defensive back Brandon Owens spent his first two seasons playing at Colorado State. In 20 games played, he had 26 tackles with two pass break-ups and one tackle for loss. In 12 games with the Bears, he has 50 tackles and six pass break-ups to go along with one interception, one blocked kick and 2.5 tackles for loss.
• Northern Colorado won its final road game of the 2010 season at Portland State and is looking for its first two-game road winning streak since 2003 when the Bears won at Southern Utah on Nov. 8 (29-25) and UC Davis on Nov. 22 (35-28)
• The Bears are beginning their sixth season in the Big Sky Conference, which will compete in the final season with nine teams, expanding to 13 football-playing institutions in 2012.