Game Day Preview: Lindenwood
• Northern Colorado opens its 99th season, hosting Lindenwood University in the first meeting between the two schools.
• The Bears are beginning their sixth season in the Big Sky Conference, which will compete in the final season with nine teams, expanding to 13 football-playing institutions in 2012.
• Northern Colorado has won its last two season home openers, defeating San Diego, 31-12 in 2009 and Adams State, 54-0 a year ago.
• Northern Colorado will debut a new concessions stand on the Northwest side by gate six. The stand will feature non-traditional stadium fare in sno-cones and caramel apples, just to name a few.
• Saturday's game will also feature a free student Game Day T-Shirt giveaway. For those who have already received and are wearing the Game Day shirts, a pair of sunglasses are available.
• Saturday marks the start of a new era at Northern Colorado as the first alumni to take the reins, Earnest Collins Jr, begins his time at Nottingham Field. Collins played for the Bears from 1991-94 and was an assistant coach in 2000-02. For more information on Collins, see page 6.
• Three of Collins assistant coaches also earned degrees from Northern Colorado in quarterbacks coach Jon Boyer, wide receivers coach Keith Grable and volunteer defensive line coach Jeff Peace.