September 25, 2010
Post game notes: Northern Colorado at Michigan State
Post-Game Notes: Northern Colorado at FBS #23/25 Michigan State | Sept. 25, 2010
- Andre Harris was the starting running back for the first time this season after Jhamele Robinson started the first three.
- Northern Colorado recovered its ninth fumble of the season on defense.
- For the fifth straight game, junior punter Cameron Kaman recorded a punt of 50 or more yards, punting one 50 in the second quarter.
- Junior Patrick Walker recorded a career-best in kickoff return yards. He tallied 108 yards in the first half, which surpassed his previous total of 80.
- For the second time this season and the sixth time in his career, senior linebacker John Eddy recorded double figures in tackles, ending the game with 10.
- Sophomore wide receiver Chris Morris returned to the lineup for the Bears after missing the first three games due to injury. He scored the team’s only touchdown of the day on a 32-yard reception from freshman quarterback Seth Lobato.
- Junior VJ Holmes tallied 1.5 sacks on the day, getting a solo sack for a nine-yard loss in the first half and combining with freshman Gavin Miller in the fourth quarter for another nine-yard setback. Holmes now has 2.5 sacks on the year and 4.0 for his career.
- Junior Colby Riggins tallied a career-best seven tackles in the game, surpassing his previous career-best of four tackles from three different games.
- Sophomore Marcel Gibbons also notched a career-best seven tackles in the game, bettering his total of six from last week against Idaho State.
- Junior Elliott Dorsey blocked a punt with 6:20 remaining in the game, blocking the first punt for the Bears since Max Hewitt did so at Weber State on Oct. 18, 2008.
- After surrendering six sacks last week, the Northern Colorado offense did not give up one against Michigan State.