September 12, 2010
Post game notes: Northern Colorado at Weber State
Post-Game Notes: September 11, 2010 | Northern Colorado at Adams State
- The four-overtime game is tied for the longest in school history. The only other game to go four-overtimes is Oct. 17, 1998 at Minnesota State, a 49-47 victory for the Bears. It is first overtime game since Head Coach Scott Downing began coaching in 2006 and the first since a double overtime loss to Idaho State on Sept. 18, 2004.
- Korey Askew scored his second touchdown of the season, picking up a Weber State fumble and returning it 28-yards. It is Askew’s third fumble recovery of his career and the third touchdown of his career. The 28-yard return is also the ninth-longest in school history.
- Askew’s fumble recovery touchdown was the first for Northern Colorado since Oct. 11, 2003 when Tommy Cook returned a fumble 41 yards against Western Washington.
- Jace Davis has caught a touchdown pass in each of the first two games, becoming the first receiver to catch a TD pass in back-to-back games since Jason Caprioli did so in October, 2008.
- In the last two games at Weber State, Northern Colorado has recovered a total of nine Wildcat fumbles, three in 2008 and six in 2010. The six fumble recoveries for the Bears is a Division I record and the six forced breaks the school’s D-I record of four from last season at Northern Arizona.
- For the second time in his career, Andre Harris carried the ball more than 25 times in a game, rushing 28 times for 116 yards.
- In two games this season, Northern Colorado has scored 101 points. Last season, the Bears did not score their 101st point until game seven at Idaho State.
- Andre Harris has rushed for over 100 yards in each of the first two games this season. The last time an NC running back went over 100 in back-to-back games was November, 2008 when David Woods did so against Sacramento State and Portland State.
- Dominic Gunn had the team’s lone punt return of the game, going for 48 yards. His previous career-best punt return was 17 yards.
- The two teams combined for over 1,000 yards of total offense (563 WSU, 441 NC), marking the first time since 2005 that’s happened in a Northern Colorado game. On Sept. 5, 2005, Northern Colorado had 617 yards and Colorado School of Mines had 489.
- Senior defensive tackle Ethan Davis forced two fumbles in the game, giving him three on the season.